Thursday, April 29, 2010

CARNIVALE - SITGES



Carnivale is a huge celebration that takes place in various locations around Europe. In February I attended the one held in Sitges, Spain.

This was like nothing else I have ever seen in my life. There were thousands of people everywhere all dressed in costume, a large parade filled with floats, and several other actions taking place.


I was unaware of Sitges being one of the highest gay populations in the world and witnessed several different things to me such as parade floats filled with transexuals, dildos, and dragqueens.

The night ended with a huge dance party on the beach featuring a dj and light show. I have never been to such a crazy event in my life. The train ride home to Barcelona at 5 am was quite the scene as well!



No comments:

Post a Comment